Saturday, February 20, 2016

Very briefly on Deckle Edge Saturday


    It is always great to see friends and fellow poets like Al Black and Len Lawson. Their Poets Respond to Race event is timely and profound.  also saw Columbia Poet Laureate Ed Madden, whose workshop I took this summer past. From him I was able to purchase a signed copy of his soon-to-be-released book, Ark. Hopefully I can read it in a few days.

    And hopefully it will not take South Carolina Poet Laureate Marjory Wentworth that long to read the signed copy of Places and Times which she graciously accepted. Later, she commented on Facebook that she was eager to do so.

    The third and final Poet Laureate I met today was Edgefield's Laurel Blossom. Her county is next to mine, and maybe I can go over there sometime to visit her community.

    T
omorrow to Local Author Showcase! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Epiphanies" from Alien Buddha Press- Available on Amazon- Read a story here

https://alienbuddhapress.wordpress.com/author/alienbuddhapress/       I am so thrilled about this short story collection,, my first one. Ali...