Friday, February 26, 2016

A New Sonnet

I posted this on Words on Fire and Poet's Dream, two excellent Google+ poetry groups. Full disclosure: I am a moderator at the former. Reaction was fantastic, and I am touched at not only how many liked it, but also made some nice comments. Thanks!

The Moon at Pre=Dawn
Above the trees, a brilliant moon beckons
Me in the final hours of darkness
Before sunlight spills upon the lake’s edge.
Although surrounded by clusters of stars
In constellation dazzle and display,
To her turns my gaze, on her rest my eyes
In fleeting moments before she takes leave
and those things that I have to do commence.
For but a moment I marvel, savor
beauty contained in hovering orb,
which accompanies me through the long day.
In tedious or languid times moonlight
Enlivens my mind and quickens my soul.
Only I behold the beauty from there.


Arthur Turfa, © 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Epiphanies" from Alien Buddha Press- Available on Amazon- Read a story here

https://alienbuddhapress.wordpress.com/author/alienbuddhapress/       I am so thrilled about this short story collection,, my first one. Ali...