Thursday, October 3, 2024

Deletion- For Artocalypse Blog Carnival

 https://aspenwrites.blogspot.com/2024/09/introduction-to-october-blog-carnival.html


   This is my entry for the Deletion 2024 Artocalypse Blog Carnival.


    For me, it is not so much about deletion as revision. If I handwrite a poem, I revise it when I actually type it. Maybe my meter is wrong, or I find a better word. Same thing if I type it; my handwriting is not the best.

    I really distrust any artist in any genre who thinks the first draft/attempt is the best. It might happen sometimes, but to me, it reminds me of students who say "This is how I write poems." I want to say, "This is how you think you write poems." 

   


2 comments:

  1. I remember you helping me revise the opening of my poetry submission for Artocalypse, Darkness to Light poetry film. I was totally stuck and not happy with what I had, it was a big help, for which I am still thankful for. Sometimes we don't realize how much our seemingly small help really made a difference to that person, so if you didn't know, hopefully now you do. It's still one of my favorite collaborations because of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to be of assistance. It was a productive time.

    ReplyDelete

Finding Peace in Dresden

        As 2005 began, I knew my deployment to Würzburg, Germany, would likely end in a few months. I would be able to return to my family i...