Sunday, January 24, 2016

Poem from a good friend and fellow poet!


         I've always been an international kind of guy. Maybe it comes from growing up in the Pittsburgh, PA area, where ethnicity was important (maybe too much). With my education, travels, and knowledge of languages, it is only natural that I resonate with an international crew of poets, etc.

        Alice Sea comes from Spain, but writes such an excellent English. We share a love for music. some of it is the same, but we share music with each other. She loves jazz, I love rock and folk. Alice was kind enough to review Places and Times prior to publication; part of her review graces the back cover. More of the review appears on Goodreads, and Google+.

    I know you will enjoy this latest poem from her.  Thanks, Alice1

      
Distracted

You're not here.

What I see:
you,
your body,
your shadow.

Deception.

Your soul went
where you you will go tomorrow.

This afternoon even offers me
false hostages,
smiles,
vague slow gestures.

A distracted love.

But your intention to leave
took you where you wanted.

Far from here.

Where you are
telling me:
"I'm here with you, look."

And you show me

your absence.

~Alice

January, 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Epiphanies" from Alien Buddha Press- Available on Amazon- Read a story here

https://alienbuddhapress.wordpress.com/author/alienbuddhapress/       I am so thrilled about this short story collection,, my first one. Ali...