Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Article about Glenn Frey's Passing


        In an article for CNN, Marc
Eliot concludes with some words that hit home for me. I still have the 'stasche, no longer feel comfortable in boots, and have had the crush on the same wonderful woman for almost 34 years.  I would like to think that the world hasn't changed me all that much, but maybe I made a better peace with it than I thought. Maybe i will think about this as i listen to music....always the music.

       Here is a link to the whole article:  http://www.cnn.com/2016/01/19/opinions/eliot-glenn-frey/index.html

           

2012: Glenn Frey's defining song
2012: Glenn Frey's defining song 00:35
The passing of Glenn Frey reminds us all too well of the kids we were in the '70s -- our blue jeans and black boots, our long hair and 'stashes and crushes on impossibly beautiful, unattainable girls, our nights spent cross-legged in front of turntables listening with great intent to the latest album of one of our heroes. We believed that somehow we could change the world by the force of our belief in the power of rock 'n' roll, but instead the world changed us.
When we mourn for Frey, are we mourning our lost selves and a time when we all thought we could live hard and stay free and surf and bike and run and jump and love and never lose because we were forever young?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stop the Presses! Sadly....

        A sad week in our household. For the first time in over forty years, my wife and I do not have a newspaper to hold in our hands. She...