Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Awesome , Atlantic Article on Springsteen and the Loss of the American Dream

      My wife Pam sent this to me last night and told me it was long. I finished it just now am posting it.  Springsteen's prominence stands more assured. I grew up in the Rust Belt and know what it is like to see dying towns and hopes.

     Not being a rock star, nevertheless the less I can relate to finding a creative outlet in literature, we, and listening to Rock and Roll. The lifestyle I have now was enabled b hard-working family members who saved what they could to help my brother and me. Now my wife and I do the same for our son.

    But America has changed. Springsteen sings of that, but also sings of hope. Enjoy!

http://www.theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2015/08/born-to-run-at-40/402137/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stop the Presses! Sadly....

        A sad week in our household. For the first time in over forty years, my wife and I do not have a newspaper to hold in our hands. She...