Tuesday, August 11, 2015

A Back to School Poem, after a Fashion


     When I say that my wife and I have been through Oxford, it was only by walking through some of it one night on our honeymoon. We stayed at the RAC Hotel and strolled through the town, eating at a fantastic Italian restaurant downtown that was super elegant!

     I can describe my foreign study in this way: I have in Germany studied....in Frankfurt, Trier studied, and in Berlin researched.

     Enough levity. If you do not know any German, you will wonder about the previous paragraph.

     But here is a poem by Hopkins. I love the mood he sets. To go back to Germany, I even happened upon Dun Scotus grave in a church in Cologne. Actually, I believed I elaborated about that in a previous post.

     Here's the link to the poem:

   http://www.poetryfoundation.org/poem/173658

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stop the Presses! Sadly....

        A sad week in our household. For the first time in over forty years, my wife and I do not have a newspaper to hold in our hands. She...