Friday, June 10, 2016

"Winter Skin"- poetry by Robert Lee Kendrick


     Winter Skin is a chapbook that draws you in to places of significance to the poet. That is certainly something to which I can relate! Robert Lee Kendrick finds poetic material from his work in a slaughterhouse, his native Midwest, and his current Southern life.

     "Shadow Ball" reminded me of playing baseball in my younger days. "In Bloomington" evokes   memories of a life life ago, with interesting people in everyday scenes. The title of "Driving Across Georgia, I Stop at the Remains of a Topless Diner" leaps out at the reader and demands that the poem be read; it is worth reading!

     The writing is introspective, nuanced, and engaging. This is chapbook that will not disappoint the reader!




http://mainstreetragbookstore.com/?product=winter-skin

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Epiphanies" from Alien Buddha Press- Available on Amazon- Read a story here

https://alienbuddhapress.wordpress.com/author/alienbuddhapress/       I am so thrilled about this short story collection,, my first one. Ali...