Monday, October 24, 2022

On The Petigru Review and the South Carolina Writers Conference Last Weekend

       The SCWA gathered at the Litchfield Beach and Golf Resort on Pawleys Island, SC. In a month I went from the Pacific to the Atlantic.

       The conference was wonderful, affirming, and memorable. I want to share now about The Petigru Review, our publication. I had a poem in the 2019 edition and now help to read poetry for it, Any writer can submit things. SCWA members as well as non-members are welcome to share their creativity. 

      A link to the current edition:   https://thepetigrureview.com/   Look in the archives for my 2019 poem there, which I read at Saturday's Open Mic.

      The name comes from James L. Petigru, South Carolina lawyer and politician who opposed secession in 1860 and siad

    "South Carolina is too small for a republic and too large for an insane asylum." 

      

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stop the Presses! Sadly....

        A sad week in our household. For the first time in over forty years, my wife and I do not have a newspaper to hold in our hands. She...