Tuesday, October 11, 2022

A Novella Sequel is in the Works for "The Botleys of Beaumont County"

      What is a novella? Something too long for a short story, and too short for a novel. Think of John Steinbeck's Of Mice and Men or Thomas Mann;'s Death in Venice.

       A few readers of the novel asked me if I would do a sequel. While a good idea, I doubt that I have the time it deserves. John Updike concluded the Rabbit tetralogy with a novella. Maybe I am inspired by my fellow Pennsylvanian. 

        Anyway, I pick up the story in May 2022. Right now I plan to take it through November  2022. That's all I want to say for now.

        Need to read the novel? Or any of my poetry books? Please see the following links. Thanks!

    https://www.blurb.com/b/10799783-the-botleys-of-beaumont-county

    https://www.amazon.com/Arthur-Turfa/e/B00YJ9LNOA%3Fref=dbs_a_mng_rwt_scns_share



No comments:

Post a Comment

Stop the Presses! Sadly....

        A sad week in our household. For the first time in over forty years, my wife and I do not have a newspaper to hold in our hands. She...