Friday, September 2, 2022

Happy Labor Day Weekend! A Look Back, a Look Ahead

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0q6hePqHAE 


    Amidst the "end of Summer", the football, boating, going to the beach, grilling on the deck, etc., there is more to this weekend.

    The song is about a century old and reminds us that those who marched, struck, and suffered for things like the 8-hour-workday and Child Labor Laws, also desired the beautiful things in life.

 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bread_and_Roses

   I was a union member twice in my life. Once at UC-Berkeley library in AFSCME, and for a longer time in Pennsylvania as a teacher. In South Carolina, I was an Association member, since unions are outlawed for teachers. 

   Unions are not perfect, because people are not perfect. I get that. But especially on this weekend, do not forget those who made life better for us. And then work on whatever it is you can to make life better for people.

  For me, that is VOTE BLUE, NO MATTER WHO!

From the Wikipedia article referenced above-



No comments:

Post a Comment

Stop the Presses! Sadly....

        A sad week in our household. For the first time in over forty years, my wife and I do not have a newspaper to hold in our hands. She...