Saturday, September 3, 2022

Jeffrey E. Koth's " A GXd For the Rest of Us- The Voice of the Cross"

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0BB84MMKL/ref=dbs_a_def_rwt_hsch_vapi_tkin_p1_i0 


      I reviewed this on Amazon and Goodreads, but here I will say a little more about the book and the author. Pastor Koth and I were seminary classmates, and we have kept in touch thanks to Facebook. Four decades of parish ministry (along with his painting) have given him some unique and valuable insights into theology and how to explain it to people, especially those who are unchurched.

     The "Gxd" I will let the book explain. I see this book as suitable for a class setting, but of course, individual reading is also an option. Koth divided the book into short sections, epistles, actually, consisting of communications between God and a human. 

     There are excellent insights, and documentation, and Koth deftly incorporates Scripture into what he writes. I recommend this book for all those who seek to learn about the core of Christian theology, those who deliver sermons, those who teach Christina theology, and for those who have never been exposed to the essence of faith.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Stop the Presses! Sadly....

        A sad week in our household. For the first time in over forty years, my wife and I do not have a newspaper to hold in our hands. She...