Thursday, November 12, 2015

Happy Birthday, Neil Young! 70 years old


     Neil remains one of music's most enigmatic figures. He is capable of mellow, introspective folk, hard rock and roll, biting satire/commentary, and much more. From his Canadian roots, to his Buffalo Springfield Days, time with Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young (which sort of continues, as far as I can figure), and the Crazy Horse days, he has been ahead of the pack in artistry and trends.

     Back when Sirius XM still had Book Radio, I heard David Carradine read Neil's "Waging Peace". While I thought the book was a bit disjointed, I did like Neil's perception that he could have stayed in Buffalo Springfield and step outside of the group to make his own music. Hindsight is always 20/20.

     I never saw Neil, but I saw Crazy Horse and Crosby, Stills and Nash. There must be a reason, but it eludes me, Below I have a link to this "Country Girl" trilogy from "Deja Vu". What still impresses me (yes, I have the vinyl) is the different musical textures and the story line. Listen, whether for the first time or the milliionth!


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPl9IMuhTGA

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Epiphanies" from Alien Buddha Press- Available on Amazon- Read a story here

https://alienbuddhapress.wordpress.com/author/alienbuddhapress/       I am so thrilled about this short story collection,, my first one. Ali...