Saturday, November 28, 2015

A New Poet- at least to me!

     My life has been enriched by meeting all sorts of people from all sorts of places. Whether friends or not, they have often, knowingly or unknowingly, expanded my horizons in many ways.,. The Rev. Dr. David Seymour, fellow Lutheran colleague, sent me a book entitled The Poetry of Yorifumo Yaguchi- A Japanese Voice in English

     The poet was trained in classical Buddhism and Shintoism, was a child during World War II in Japan. As as adult he became a professor of poetry, and a Mennonite pastor. To my mind, he is unique several times over. I look forward to reading him,; this dovetails with my interest
in Chinese poetry, which has not progressed that much farther since my mention of it.

    Thanks, David! I shall get to reading this later! And I hope you are enjoying my Places and Times.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Epiphanies" from Alien Buddha Press- Available on Amazon- Read a story here

https://alienbuddhapress.wordpress.com/author/alienbuddhapress/       I am so thrilled about this short story collection,, my first one. Ali...