Sunday, October 4, 2015

When it Rains, You Sell From Home...and some Rilke


     Never-seen-before flooding all over South Carolina and the region this weekend cancelled all sorts of things. The Rosewood Arts Festival, Newberry's Oktoberfest, and religious services even! Interstates are closed and everyone is advised to stay at home.

    When contacting a friend and colleague, I asked if she had ever gotten my book; actually if her husband had. He has poetic interests and I have suggested a few groups to check out. She appreciated the reminded and posted that she had bought the book. Hopefully I can sign it for her soon.

     Several people commented on my "Myriad of Songs" poem I posted yesterday. One asked about others, and a few comments/minutes later, I gave her options for buying.  eLectio Publishing actual
ly is the best deal for all concerned, but I let people decide what works for them. In this case, a signed copy will be going out in the near future.

     After I read some sonnets from my scholars, I will read more of Rilke's "Duino Elegies". Here is a link to the first one:

http://www.hunterarchive.com/files/Poetry/Elegies/elegy1.html

May melody by your sole comfort and enchantment!
     

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Epiphanies" from Alien Buddha Press- Available on Amazon- Read a story here

https://alienbuddhapress.wordpress.com/author/alienbuddhapress/       I am so thrilled about this short story collection,, my first one. Ali...