Saturday, October 3, 2015

New Poem! Hopefully in Second Book Eventually!

     Applying some of the things I learned this past summer, here is a new poem with shorter lines and different breaks. I would appreciate feedback. Thanks from the Moonsoon Weekend in the Midlands. 


Myriad of Songs

On occasion we met at Castalia
Splashing in the revivifying waters
Trying to render
The spring’s sweet music
Into our own verses.

Singing of places we knew
Inspired by the same voices
Sharing ones that enthused us
Gladdening hearts
Elating spirits.

Eventually stilled the songs
But echoes lingering
Through pleasant forests
Branches catching
Euphonious notes.

Standing again at the fountain
Fleeting whispers memorized
From what was sung
Savoring each word, each line.

Then gazing seaward
Toward wide-reaching waves
Searching for strains
Of your enchanting counterpoint.
At times I hear remnants
Of muted melodies
Lingering on the breeze
Wafting around me
Then soaring aloft
Far from me.

When I gaze at the sky
You I see again
Resting beside Castalia again.
In your smile the light
Of a thousand suns
And in the air
A myriad of songs.

Arthur Turfa, copyright 2015



No comments:

Post a Comment

"Epiphanies" from Alien Buddha Press- Available on Amazon- Read a story here

https://alienbuddhapress.wordpress.com/author/alienbuddhapress/       I am so thrilled about this short story collection,, my first one. Ali...