Sunday, October 11, 2015

Have to Bow Out of the Rosewood Arts Festival

 The Flood of the Century (which I assume will be what we call the severe storm and flooding mainly in South Carolina recently). postponed the Rosewood Arts Festival in Columbia, SC. The rescheduled date for various reasons could only be Sunday, 25 October.

   Originally I was going to bow out, because that is Reformation Sunday, a major event for Lutheran Christians such as myself. Two years ago I reluctantly gave that up so I cold attend a high school reunion near Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.

     Now I am going to give it up, because I was asked to extend a short-term stint as supply priest in an Episcopalian parish near by by a week. You guessed it; 25 October, Reformation Sunday, which they do not observe officially. But they had a last-minute cancellation, and I had to leave people in the lurch if I can do anything about it.

     If you can attend the Festival, please go! I hope to be there next year. There is some poetry in all this, but it has not come to me yet.

     The meme is from that trip north for the high school reunion.

    

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Epiphanies" from Alien Buddha Press- Available on Amazon- Read a story here

https://alienbuddhapress.wordpress.com/author/alienbuddhapress/       I am so thrilled about this short story collection,, my first one. Ali...