Saturday, September 12, 2015

What a week!

     I had been getting ready for selling at Columbia. S.C.'s Rosewood Arts Festival on 3 October, and a reading at the original Lexington, SC Starbucks on Sunday, 27 September.

     Then I was asked to read on 25 September in Sumter, SC, at a conference of English instructors from several midstate technical college systems. No problem there.

     Earlier today with the Palmetto Penn state Club watching the game in Columbia, SC, a few friends bought books and laid the groundwork for me to sell at one of our game-watching events. One of the servers said she would go on-line, as well as some other alumni.

     Tonight I found out that a poem was accepted for a website on a site about an on-going social problem in the South. Nice to know that art is not only for its own sake, but to make a point. More on that when it appears.

https://www.facebook.com/RosewoodArtsFestival?fref=ts

https://www.facebook.com/events/953058271402617/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stop the Presses! Sadly....

        A sad week in our household. For the first time in over forty years, my wife and I do not have a newspaper to hold in our hands. She...