Sunday, September 27, 2015

Of Metaphor and Munyori


     One of the things I have always enjoyed is encouraging people to use their talents. Long before Pay it Forward came into common speech, people have done that for millenia. What I can do today comes in no small part from people who encouraged me.

     Last night I checked two publications where I have been printed, and to my pleasant surprise, found that I am still listed on their sites. Metaphor Magazine from the Philippines and Kenya's Munyori Literary Journal list me among their contributors. On a hunch, I asked the latter to consider reviewing Places and Times, and they are willing to do so.

http://metaphormagazine.wix.com/poetry#!ourcontributors/cihc

http://munyori.org/poetry/arthur-turfa/

     Actually I have been in two editions of Metaphor, and it was my appearing in Munyor
i that convinced me that I had an audience out there in the wide world.  Those are comforting thoughts after an unsuccessful session today at a local establishment; not their fault, success was not in the cards. But I did use the time to catch up on some magazine reading. I did enjoy a special event at the White Rose Artisan boutique in West Columbia, where my book is on consignment.

     

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Epiphanies" from Alien Buddha Press- Available on Amazon- Read a story here

https://alienbuddhapress.wordpress.com/author/alienbuddhapress/       I am so thrilled about this short story collection,, my first one. Ali...