Sunday, September 20, 2015

Preparing for Next Friday's Reading


     Not only will I be reading for a group of peers (English instructors at technical colleges
(junior or community colleges for those of you unfamiliar with the post-secondary two-year education in the South), but I will have a 30-minute time frame. However, that is generous to be reading at a conference, and I appreciate it.

     I will select some of the more educational and Southern poems from "Places and Times", and add two or three which I intend for the second book.  Here is one of them:

Lovely Luminescence

Striding along the shore
moving in thalassic beauty,
her splendor resembles
oceans whence she came/

Her smile catches the sun
reflecting radiance
the horizon round
bringing landscape and sea aglow.

Sun-drenched hair cascades
down over shoulders
touching necklace
of amber stones linked in golden strands.

All that one can do is to simply bask
In that splendor and linger
In lovely luminescence.

Arthur Turfa © 2015


No comments:

Post a Comment

"Epiphanies" from Alien Buddha Press- Available on Amazon- Read a story here

https://alienbuddhapress.wordpress.com/author/alienbuddhapress/       I am so thrilled about this short story collection,, my first one. Ali...