Thursday, September 26, 2024

Healthy Growth Cycles- Artocalypse Carnival Blog

 


https://heatherandbone.com/artocalypse-blog-carnival-september-2024-healthy-growth-cycles/

 My entry for the September 2024 Artocalypse Blog Carnival.

    During the pandemic, I was asked to join the Artocalypse. It is a very creative group, and I am learning the ropes about a Carnival Blog.


    To this month's topic: Healthy Growth Cycles. My contribution to the topic concerns how some of my poems are written


    Wordsworth said that poetry is "emotion reflected in tranquility". Emotions of course run the entire range from ecstasy to rage. I'm focusing on the latter. Years ago I observed something at a faculty meeting that disgusted me. It was watching the "in crowd" celebrate one of their own for some achievement. Instead of saying anything, I wrote a poem about it, which eventually became my first book.


    Healthy? For sure! I did not say what was on my mind then, and I channeled it into a creative peace.  Wordsworth would be proud. 

 That's the book!


https://www.amazon.com/stores/Arthur-Turfa/author/B00YJ9LNOA?ref=ap_rdr&isDramIntegrated=true&shoppingPortalEnabled=true


No comments:

Post a Comment

Finding Peace in Dresden

        As 2005 began, I knew my deployment to Würzburg, Germany, would likely end in a few months. I would be able to return to my family i...