Saturday, February 26, 2022

Ukrainian Lutheran Church

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ukrainian_Lutheran_Church 


https://www.angelfire.com/ca4/saintsophiaseminary/liturgy.html


The last part of my dissertation at Drew University dealt with 16th Century-Lutheran-Orthodox dialogue. While researching, I found out about the Ukrainian Lutheran ChurchIt deserves its own study.
My sense is that it began among the German communities in Ukraine, and developed from there. They suffered horribly under Communism, also being wiped out entirely. In 994 they regrouped. Had I the time and resources, I would have applied to go to their Saint Sophia Seminary in Kviv to offer a course (with a translator).
They use an adapted Divine Liturgy for worship.
May God protect them and all Ukrainians in these times, and more nations in the region as well.

Not expecting anyone to spend a large sum for the dissertation, but here is a link:


My poetry and literary fiction links are more affordable:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stop the Presses! Sadly....

        A sad week in our household. For the first time in over forty years, my wife and I do not have a newspaper to hold in our hands. She...