Saturday, February 12, 2022

"Inside LLewyn Davis"- What a Lead Character!

     I love the Coen Brothers' movies, and this is no exception. Several fo my friends were folk singers/musicians, and many of them have maintained involvement with some forms of music since. When I started learning the guitar, I started out with these songs before I got an electric guitar and become the next Jimi Hendrix or Eric Clapton. 

     That did not happen, obviously, but there is a poem in Accents about it. But I kept on listening to the music and learning about the songs and performers. We do what we can.

     Even having extraordinary talent is no guarantee. That is the point of "Inside Llewyn Davis".  Somewhat based on Dave Van Ronk, Davis is a folksinger whose partner committed suicide after their first album. In the aftermath, Davis spirals downward, only to realize that he has missed his chance. All I am going to say!

     As a character, Davis is despicable, mean, selfish, and all sorts of other negative things. I found myself shaking my head at him rather than giving him any sympathy. The movie is not on Amazon Prime Video. And the soundtrack!  Check the link and see the movie!



 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inside_Llewyn_Davis_(soundtrack)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stop the Presses! Sadly....

        A sad week in our household. For the first time in over forty years, my wife and I do not have a newspaper to hold in our hands. She...