Thursday, September 2, 2021

Q & A About How To Get My Novel "The Botleys of Beaumont County"

 Q:   Why did you choose Blurb?

  A:  Tring to find a conventional publisher is hard, and during a pandemic, impossible. I wanted to get this out for the public and then move on to other things.

   Q: Can I order it on Amazon, like most of your other books?

    A: Sadly, no. If I sell on Blurb, I cannot sell on Amazon. Putting it on Blurb was easier than putting it on Amazon.   If you go to The Book Tavern 936 Broad St. in Augusta, GA, yes! It is difficult getting into independent bookstores. Some want local authors, and they define local very strictly. A major chain might be interested locally, but the higher-ups are not interested at all. I found that out with my first poetry book.

      Q: I want a signed copy. How can that happen?

       A;  In one of two ways. I can send you a copy, but that depends on me having me on hand (which I usually do) and my getting it to the place where I ship from. That will run close to $20. If you tell me you bought it (a picture of you with the book is nice), I can send you a signed card to p[ut in the book.

       Q: I get all that, but I like free shipping on Amazon. Can you do that?

        A: If I were as big as Amazon, yes! LOL. If you can afford $11.99 for the book, a few dollars more for shipping will not be a burden. All in all it's cheaper than buying lunch with an adult beverage to two thrown in.

        Q: OK, but what do I do if I want to leave a review. t's hard since you can't be on Amazon.

         A: That's right! But you can send it to me, and I can out in here, on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc. And you can do the same thing. 


 

  


   


No comments:

Post a Comment

Stop the Presses! Sadly....

        A sad week in our household. For the first time in over forty years, my wife and I do not have a newspaper to hold in our hands. She...