Friday, September 10, 2021

Johnnie Walker Red- The Botley Male Beverage of Choice

 

     It's what Slerd and Dexter drink the most, either when together or apart. There are more exclusive brands and the whole single malt thing, but this is what Botley males drink.

     Until I was in my mid-20s, I thought Scotch was only for the country club, wealthy Republican type of people. At Penn State, I was introduced to beer, and then developed a taste for Vodka, nurturing my Easter European side. Not exactly, since Hungarians do not produce Vodka, but it was close enough I figured.

     During my first year in seminary, I got to know Harriet, a Catholic divorcee who enrolled at the Lutheran seminary in the Master of Divinity (pre-ordination) program. She was not interested in converting; in fact, she was a radical Catholic old enough to be our mother! Her house was open to us, and she had a good liquor cabinet, with of course Scotch. Some of my classmates were into the more expensive brands. I could afford Clan Mac Gregor and left it at that.

     When it came time to write the novel, the Botleys, being wealthy Republican country club types, would only drink Johnnie Walker. Open up whatever you want to and enjoy the novel!


    https://www.blurb.com/b/10799783-the-botleys-of-beaumont-county




No comments:

Post a Comment

Stop the Presses! Sadly....

        A sad week in our household. For the first time in over forty years, my wife and I do not have a newspaper to hold in our hands. She...