Saturday, April 30, 2016

Kerouac on my Kindle

     No. it's not On the Road, his second novel. I'm reading his first, The Town and the City. right now I'm 4% through it, and I am enjoying the lushness of his writing. Dispel all notions of the Beat Generation vagabond who writes sub-standard and who is known for his persona. Kerouac knows how to construct a plot and create characters. He also is able to help you "see" Galloway in the way that Updike lets you "see" Brewer.

     This was available from Easybub. If you have some time, reading this is a good way to spend it.

http://www.amazon.com/Town-City-Jack-Kerouac/dp/0156907909

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stop the Presses! Sadly....

        A sad week in our household. For the first time in over forty years, my wife and I do not have a newspaper to hold in our hands. She...