Friday, April 8, 2016

In Memoriam: Dietrich Bonhoeffer 8 April 1945

https://soundcloud.com/arthur-turfa-1/w-h-auden-fridays-child-in

     The more I think about Dietrich Bonhoeffer, the more impressed and humbled I am. He was one of the courageous ones who opposed Nazism. He volunteer to be a Wehrmacht chaplain, but was denied. I was able to see the memorial stone in Berlin a few years back in the Dorotheenstadt Cemetery, in memory of him and other members of the 20 July 1944 conspiracy.

     I am a retired Lutheran pastor, and have served German=speaking communities in the USA, as well as having extensive experience living and studying in Germany. Auden is one of my favorite poets, and his poem about Bonhoeffer moves me deeply. I decided to share my reading of it with you.



No comments:

Post a Comment

"Epiphanies" from Alien Buddha Press- Available on Amazon- Read a story here

https://alienbuddhapress.wordpress.com/author/alienbuddhapress/       I am so thrilled about this short story collection,, my first one. Ali...