Monday, June 8, 2015

Another Neat Thing I Get to Do.....

.... is to read poetry and become friends with some amazing people, even if I have not seen them! From Australia comes my friend Elusive Me, who shared this amazing poem with me before she posted it.

   I was struck by the beauty of the language, the imagery, the entire piece, so I asked for an received her permission to post it on my blog! Many thanks, Elusive Me, for granting me this request!

Summer rain...

He fell upon me
Like summer rain..
Me - a desert wilderness
Aching for his gift
Parched in the most needful of ways..
Vulnerable and thirsting
Word after word fell upon me
Causing sweet pools of wetness to form
Time...unfolded...across rivers of poetry
Until the words permeated
Causing my earth to swell...to open...
Like a torrent he penetrated
Flooding my heart
Flooding my soul
Until all was drenched, healed, and supple
Until all that was once barren was alive
Alive and teaming with life
A landscape luscious and luminous and ripe
And in return
With the fruits of his rain I fed his hunger
Fed his need
Filled his heart
Consumed his soul
.....Life

Elusive Me
Copyright
2015


No comments:

Post a Comment

"Epiphanies" from Alien Buddha Press- Available on Amazon- Read a story here

https://alienbuddhapress.wordpress.com/author/alienbuddhapress/       I am so thrilled about this short story collection,, my first one. Ali...