Thursday, March 5, 2015

Happy Belated Birthday, Buffalo Springfield!

     On 3 March 1966, one of the most influential groups of all time was formed. However, it took some time for their influence to be appreciated. Had the music industry been a little more understanding they would have lasted longer as a band.

     Buffalo Springfield took its name from a steamroller parked near a friend's home in Los Angeles. Canadian Neil Young, Texan Stephen Stills, and Richie Furay from Ohio formed the nucleus of the group. The first two were of course in Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young, the latter in Poco.

     What attracted me to them was their musicianship, lyrics, and overall sound, which blended various genres in a unique way. I post Stills' "Bluebird", which has become his signature song. Maybe I post it because I saw a bluebird here on Sunday while walking the dog.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ki5KVZ5RQuM

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Epiphanies" from Alien Buddha Press- Available on Amazon- Read a story here

https://alienbuddhapress.wordpress.com/author/alienbuddhapress/       I am so thrilled about this short story collection,, my first one. Ali...