Monday, March 16, 2015

15 Words a Day

     If I remember correctly, friend and fellow poet T Knott invited me to 15 Words a Day, a Google community where one is supposed to write.....you guessed it. Initially I thought it might be too limiting, and then the daily pressure of writing; you can imagine yourselves what thoughts raced through my mind.

   Over the years I have told students that learning a world language requires daily practice, much like lea ring a sport or an instrument. Poetry can be that way, also. Some of my posting become longer works, some are tossed away, others may be...who knows?

   Today's coincided with my being able to take a sigh of relief and the coming of Spring to the Midlands of South Carolina. Yes, we have more than beaches, and there are also mountains! For the first  time I included an image of one of those lovely Bradford pear trees that burst into whiteness for a few weeks.

   Soon after I posted it, another poet friend messaged me and said that she liked the message and the image. Then it occurred to me; maybe I write for others, and not myself.


Anxiety fades after dawn
Bradford pear trees blossomlike clouds descendingtransforming earth to paradise


Arthur Turfa,  © 2015  

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Epiphanies" from Alien Buddha Press- Available on Amazon- Read a story here

https://alienbuddhapress.wordpress.com/author/alienbuddhapress/       I am so thrilled about this short story collection,, my first one. Ali...