Saturday, February 28, 2015

     As we approach 1 March, observed by some as the festival of St. David, patron saint of Wales, I think of the awesome musical and literary tradition of that part of the world. Why I never took my Britrail pass there in the summer of 1979 remains a mystery in my life. Only a handful of Welsh bards and lover of words: Dylan Thomas (whose name Robert Zimmerman assumed), Richard Burton, Tom Jones, and Ray Davies (yes, a Muswell Hillbilly, but the roots are on the other side of Offa's Dyke).

     Several days ago a friend and fellow poet lamented feeling out of place in this century. Many of us relate to that, and maybe felt that way before 2000. Ray summarized those feelings in this great rock song, "20th Century Man". If you do not know this song, click the following link! click on it even if you know it!  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N671Eqcj-K0

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Epiphanies" from Alien Buddha Press- Available on Amazon- Read a story here

https://alienbuddhapress.wordpress.com/author/alienbuddhapress/       I am so thrilled about this short story collection,, my first one. Ali...