Saturday, February 7, 2015

Now It Can be Revealed

A sense of impending calm
over the horizon
awaiting me after
several lingering events lapse.

     My post from 15 Words a Day recently caused a few friends to wonder if anything major was about to happen. Actually,my term as president of the South Carolina Foreign Language Teachers Association drew to an end at our annual conference. Now I am past president (which sounds like a tense). Now there are fewer responsibilities, and more time to write, edit, and promote my coming book.

     Several gratifying things converged today. We had a dynamite keynote speakers and presenter, who has become a good friend. A few younger members asked me how to become more involved in the organization. I had time to mentor them, as well as some fellow German teachers. 

     For myself, I rejoiced in seeing some friends of several years time, seeing some newer friends, and making more. 

     Concerning the book, I am working on some ideas for cover art; the publisher asked me for some ideas. Looking ahead, I am thankful and blessed to have these opportunities and to also be thinking ahead! This is indeed the impending calm, and I intend to enjoy it fully!

     the first picture is our logo. The second shows two Chinese teachers (now long back home) congratulating me on my election two years ago. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stop the Presses! Sadly....

        A sad week in our household. For the first time in over forty years, my wife and I do not have a newspaper to hold in our hands. She...