Sunday, December 25, 2022

Thinking Ahead to 2023 and Writing



What will 2023have in store for this poet/writer?

       If there is no new pandemic, I hope there will be some opportunities to meet people at various events: festivals, readings, and the like. Ideally, I would like to do one a month, but that depends on many things.

     That all is also dependent on more than health. I have been doing this for about ten years. In that time I have seen a lot. Some places go away, others change, and the same with people. I have established myself as much as I am going to establish myself. In addition, I have a lower tolerance for what I will politely term nonsense. 

     By that term, I mean the run-around to get my books somewhere. "Call me" can lead to repeated attempts with no response. Even having your books on the shelves may not help. Also, I am willing to call people out on their behavior toward me, even if it may mean I do not get to do a reading or something like that.

     In the coming year I want to experiment with poetry, write some more short stories, and who knows? Occasionally I think historical fiction would be a good fit for me, given my love of history. There are some poets/writers whom I respect, some close by but most on the Internet, with whom I toss ideas back and forth I am open to finding some new ones, also.

    One more week and then hello, 2023!


https://www.blurb.com/b/10799783-the-botleys-of-beaumont-county

   

https://www.amazon.com/stores/Arthur-Turfa/author/B00YJ9LNOA?ref=ap_rdr&store_ref=ap_rdr&isDramIntegrated=true&shoppingPortalEnabled=true











   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stop the Presses! Sadly....

        A sad week in our household. For the first time in over forty years, my wife and I do not have a newspaper to hold in our hands. She...