Friday, December 30, 2022

A Botley Continuation, and Back to Poetry

 

     A few readers have asked me if there will be a sequel to The Botleys of Beaumont County. Initially, I said there wouldn't be one, but then I thought I would do one since I am writing some short stories. It's actually a novella, 

    My inspiration is John Updike, who wrote one to conclude the Rabbit tetralogy. Now, what will I do with this untitled sequel? That's a very good question. For now, it has gone to a colleague and friend for a read. If it doesn't appear in a short story collection, I might submit it or simply put it out on Amazon Kindle Desktop Publishing.

     In addition, I need to write some more poems. Lately, I have been reviewing for a publication or two, trying to revive an online poetry group (that will sadly not happen), and interacting with a fellow poet on and off again. The latter part of 2022 saw some publications, but I need to write some more to submit.

    Happy 2023 to everyone!

https://www.blurb.com/b/10799783-the-botleys-of-beaumont-county#:~:text=About%20the%20Book&text=The%20business%20inherited%20by%20the,roles%20in%20this%20changed%20community.


https://www.amazon.com/stores/Arthur-Turfa/author/B00YJ9LNOA?ref=ap_rdr&store_ref=ap_rdr&isDramIntegrated=true&shoppingPortalEnabled=true







No comments:

Post a Comment

Stop the Presses! Sadly....

        A sad week in our household. For the first time in over forty years, my wife and I do not have a newspaper to hold in our hands. She...