Thursday, June 2, 2022

"Not Fade Away"- film

      How could a movie with the same title as the Buddy Holly song miss? After all, the Stones, the Grateful Dead, and many others covered it. 

     The movie does not miss. I found the first part a little slow in developing, and the ending is not what I completely expected (no, I will not say more). The performances are effective, and the mood of the 1960s is vividly there. Anyone who lived through those times either had these experiences or was told not to (and likely knew people who had).

    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1230215/

     Steven Van Zandt was the executive producer and selected an outstanding soundtrack. While not every band hit the big time, the music of this era impacted lives. I saw it n Amazon Prime Video. Check it out.




No comments:

Post a Comment

"Epiphanies" from Alien Buddha Press- Available on Amazon- Read a story here

https://alienbuddhapress.wordpress.com/author/alienbuddhapress/       I am so thrilled about this short story collection,, my first one. Ali...