Thursday, July 23, 2020

At Master's Class Today with Adam Vines at the Virtual Sewanee Writers' Conference

http://www.sewaneewriters.org/right-here/master-classes.php?fbclid=IwAR0cHwmn7W1b9jT5mMvLjvryL1B4b48CFyBuCYWJ9hjcAyZtaZSYhHLjpNA

Unconventional Approaches to Ekphrastic Poetry-    Adam is at the University of Alabama -Birmingham.and recently won an award. See the link below:

https://www.facebook.com/BirminghamPoetryReview/photos/a.1452451501515437/2804791039614803/?type=3&theater

I enjoyed the Master Class very much. With Carol Worthington-Levy I have done two books of ekphrastic poetry based on her paintings. But I have known her for years and knew many if not most of the people//places/events portrayed. But I needed a push, and this, along with the Great Courses class on Aooreciating Art.

Maybe next year in Sewanee, TN!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stop the Presses! Sadly....

        A sad week in our household. For the first time in over forty years, my wife and I do not have a newspaper to hold in our hands. She...