Saturday, August 17, 2019

Peter Fonda, RIP

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/peter-fonda-dead-star-of-easy-rider-ulees-gold-dies-at-79-1203305078/

     Born into Hollywood royalty, Peter Fonda leaves behind an interesting and uneven cinematic legacy. You can read about that in the obituary.
     But to me he will always be the reflective, thoughtful Captain America from the 1969 classic
Easy Rider. Paired with the loquacious and impulsive Billy, the motorcyclists set off to find America. Back then I had never been across the Mississippi, but had been from Quebec to Miami. I wanted to head west on a motorcycle, but only had a Schwinn bicycle. Travel had to wait a few years.My Wanderlust was there already, but the movie played a role in travel and in attitude. 
     What a great soundtrack to the movie! Here i the title song. Bob Dylan wrote the first line and told someone to get it to Roger McGuinn of the Byrds.



     
     

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stop the Presses! Sadly....

        A sad week in our household. For the first time in over forty years, my wife and I do not have a newspaper to hold in our hands. She...