Friday, August 3, 2018


     There they are! I took inventory because I have two events coming up in September. There will be more details later, but I thought I would take a picture of all four books for promotional purposes. I have a new phone, and for whatever reason needed to start a new Instagram account.
     
     All of the books are available from the usual vendors, and two in electronic formats. the sites should be self-explanatory, and you know how to navigate them. Earlier this week I was thrilled, or chuffed as I have learned to say, to see Saluda Reflections crop up on Barnes & Noble Internet ads. I saw one today, even!

    The books and their publishers, in order of their release:

     Places and Times, eLectio Publishing, © 2015. They will include a free e-book upon purchase of     a paperback.This is my first book of poetry.

     Accents, Amazon KDP, ©2017/2018. I regained my rights to the book. This is my most                   thematically-structured work, and contains what I consider some of my best poetry. It has
 been available on Amazon KDP in Kindle since February of this year, and last month now
 can be had in paperback format.

    Gemini, Broad River Books, © 2018, was rushed out in time for Deckle Edge, South Carolina's Literary Festival, in Columbia, SC. Broad River Books is a subsidiary of Muddy Ford Press. For reasons beyond my comprehension, the book is not listed on their site (I am being diplomatic and accurate), but let me assure you that it does exist and that people have purchased it. For international readers, through Amazon there is a click-and-print scheme, whereby a hard copy will be made available at a bookstore close to where the reader lives. If anyone avails his.herself of this option, I would absolutely love to know how it went!

   Saluda Reflections, Finishing Line Press © 2018. this was to have been my third book, and it became my fourth. FLP wanted Accents, and I should have told someone "Sorry!" since at that time there was no signed contract. The book has been out for just under one month; it is more about what is happening around the nation and world, and less about me.

   I would be totally remiss if I did not say anything about the friend and artist who has created these stunning covers. Carol Worthington-Levy and I became friends in the 8th grade, and have maintained the friendship for decades. Here is a link to her website: http://worthingtonfineart.com/  you can fined out about the recent successes of this San Jose, CA-based artist.

   Creativelly speaking, I do not forsee another book for at least one or two years. I am writing more, reading more, and honing my craft. Follow me at https://twitter.com/DrTurfa,
 https://www.instagram.com/arthurturfa/?hl=en, https://www.facebook.com/ArthurTurfa/ (I have other pages there also), LinkedIn- https://www.linkedin.com/in/dr-arthur-turfa-23444914/ or e-mail me at aturfa@aol.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stop the Presses! Sadly....

        A sad week in our household. For the first time in over forty years, my wife and I do not have a newspaper to hold in our hands. She...