Monday, December 4, 2017

A Little Late- 150th Anniversary of Baudelaure;s Death

    Although I likely heard of him somewhere or the others, when Mountain's album Flowers of Evil came out in 1971,  the references to Les Fleurs du Mal captivated me. I was en route to becoming a German major, but I still pushed myself to get enough French to look at bi-lingual editions.

     Before long I was emulating Baudelair by drinking lots of coffee and smoking a lot of tobacco, just as he did. And I wrote some  poetry. Eventually I decreased my caffeine and nicotine intake, Eventually the poetry stop
ped for some time.

     I will put Baudelaire on my lengthening list of poets to read again. This article below captures him perfectly.


https://www.irishtimes.com/news/world/europe/how-charles-baudelaire-became-france-s-first-rock-star-1.3202375

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Epiphanies" from Alien Buddha Press- Available on Amazon- Read a story here

https://alienbuddhapress.wordpress.com/author/alienbuddhapress/       I am so thrilled about this short story collection,, my first one. Ali...