Monday, February 13, 2017

Final Post on Robbie Robertson's "Testimony"


     The Band did not end on a positive note; sorry about the atrocious pun. Only two of the members are alive, which obviously means no resolution of issues can be possible.

    Robertson admits that he took on most of the business role for the Band as time went on, and that was fine with everyone else. Be that as it may, with the exception of Garth Hudson, the rest of the group (Levon Helms, Richard Manuel, and Rick Danko) wallowed in various addictions and issues.

     While I understand the resentment against Robertson, I can also see his point about taking charge while most everyone else was drugged out. Please understand; I am not being callous or unsympathetic, but at some point someone had to step up and take care of things. My read is that Robertson got burned out at having met some movers and shakers in California (where the Band moved), he likely felt tugged by new creative influences and went in those directions.

     I am a bit sad because there was no resolution for the Band: at least in this life

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Epiphanies" from Alien Buddha Press- Available on Amazon- Read a story here

https://alienbuddhapress.wordpress.com/author/alienbuddhapress/       I am so thrilled about this short story collection,, my first one. Ali...