Wednesday, February 15, 2017

A great honor paid to me by Irene Riz


     The most wonderful thing about being involved in poetry is meeting fantastic poets and people. Irene Riz was so moved by my Berlin poem Mein Traum/My Dream that she wrote her own poem about Berlin.

I give the text, and also her link

Spring in Berlin

In the foaming lilac of the evening
lemony gold of awakening windows,
slender bridges and darkening arches
are calling me.

Novel stories unspoken and frozen
on the lips yet to be kissed
carry a promise.

Little gardens have fallen asleep
in semitransparent darkness.
Cabaret and bars
open and close their doors
in the rhythm of awakening hearts.

Street lights are passing by
or is it I
who wafts in the evening sky
along the Spree River banks?
And I know it is not my life
but enticing and calling dream
about Berlin.

IRiz February 2017
My poem is inspired by My Dream, a poem from the book Places and Times by +Arthur Turfa​​.

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+IreneRiz_phd/posts/85HkDsawWgK

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stop the Presses! Sadly....

        A sad week in our household. For the first time in over forty years, my wife and I do not have a newspaper to hold in our hands. She...