Saturday, October 15, 2016

David Crosby Offers Some Thoughts

    A half century ago I admired David Crosby for his mustache, fringed jacket, guitar=playing and singing. I could not understand his addiction to drugs and how he would get into some verbal altercations with his friends.

     In this Guardian interview I resonate to his concerns about America losing its democracy. I do not agree with his view of Hillary Clinton, but I understand why he says them. If someone had told me years ago what things would be like here, I would not have believed them. Once in a while I regret not having gone to law school and maybe done something political. In 1982 I was even the alternate delegate from Giles County to the Virginia Democratic Convention.  That was my apogee in politics.

   Where is the Mark Twain, David Foster Wallace, Hunter S. Thompson to make sense of all this? Crosby tries to, but anyone who infuriates someone as mellow as Graham Nash makes me wonder.
https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=5838501516653729241#editor/target=post;postID=3966920590896785230
    Enjoy the music! Another good song by Crosby:




https://www.theguardian.com/music/2016/oct/14/david-crosby-trump-country-stills-nash-byrds-election

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stop the Presses! Sadly....

        A sad week in our household. For the first time in over forty years, my wife and I do not have a newspaper to hold in our hands. She...