Friday, June 24, 2016

Great Poem on Poem-a-Day

   The Academy of American Poets has a Poem-a-Day feature, which I have mentioned before. Anyone can sign up for it, even though the title might at first glance make one think otherwise.

    Matt Hart concludes his thoughts about trying to teach people about poetry who are not always receptive in this excellent way:

Who has time
for poetry has more time than they deserve


   It is certainly by grace that we have the arts, especially poetry, and that some of us appreciate it, and some of us write it as best we can. I marvel how in some communities I follow, how people post daily or several times a week.

   I merely an tankful for the grace, and try in my own way, as best I can, so share it. Thanks, Matt Hart! 


https://www.poets.org/poetsorg/poem-day

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Epiphanies" from Alien Buddha Press- Available on Amazon- Read a story here

https://alienbuddhapress.wordpress.com/author/alienbuddhapress/       I am so thrilled about this short story collection,, my first one. Ali...