Saturday, June 11, 2016

Finished with "accent on meter"

     accent on meter- a handbook for readers of poetry  by Joseph Powell and Mark Halperin proved to be worth reading. Whether the reader is a poet or someone who has to or is interested in reading about these things, he or she will find much valuable information. There are detailed but not pedantic explanations, as well as some practical exercises. The range of poets represented is broad-based, and the authors are to be commended.

     I intend to refer to the book when teaching my poetry class in the Fall. Likely the main text will be the Norton Anthology of Poetry, 5th edition. We have to keep costs for the students down, so I might not require another book of poetry by one poet. There are some poems by friends that I want to share and yes, I will through in a few of mine!

     In my own writing, I might include more spondees!

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Epiphanies" from Alien Buddha Press- Available on Amazon- Read a story here

https://alienbuddhapress.wordpress.com/author/alienbuddhapress/       I am so thrilled about this short story collection,, my first one. Ali...