Friday, December 11, 2015

Fan Mail Today!


     Awaiting me in the mailbox was a letter from a reader of Places and Times. It was a very nice,m personal letter. Let me share a little of it with you:

     "You have a way of bringing poetry to life in the daily activities through word pictures. That is a splendid way to reach the reader's imagination."

     This reader perceives what I intend to do. While poetry indeed often has great thoughts and/or emotions, poetry can also imbue ordinary things with a sense of something else.  A few remarks follow about some of the poems, and it is a nice letter.

     What always interests me is what readers "find" in my poems, Sometimes I nod in agreement, and at other times, I nod and think "I never thought of it that way, but it makes sense."

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Epiphanies" from Alien Buddha Press- Available on Amazon- Read a story here

https://alienbuddhapress.wordpress.com/author/alienbuddhapress/       I am so thrilled about this short story collection,, my first one. Ali...