Saturday, June 21, 2014

This will be the first of an occasional posting of a song I really enjoy. Townshend's cover of the English Beat's "Save it For Later" makes me wish I learned more music (there is a poem about that on this blog).The cover is unlike the original. What impresses me is the rising intensity with a minimum of instrumentation. Since I could not compose music, if anyone out there has the opposite dilemma, please contact me and maybe we can collaborate!

The picture is from Townshend's book, "Who I Am". He writes extremely well. How many rock legends use the word "solipsism"> While he does not gloss over his shortcomings, he reflects on his creative inspirations, thereby avoiding writing about binge after binge after another binge.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSWdug1HiCg


No comments:

Post a Comment

"Epiphanies" from Alien Buddha Press- Available on Amazon- Read a story here

https://alienbuddhapress.wordpress.com/author/alienbuddhapress/       I am so thrilled about this short story collection,, my first one. Ali...