Friday, June 27, 2014

Another significant song posted

     In the Autumn of 1975, I was driving down the San Diego Freeway in Orange County listening to an LA rock station. The DJ hyped this great new record; I thought it was hyped until I heard Bruce Springsteen' "Born to Run". Next payday I bought the record.Twenty-some years later my wife and I sat in the 14th row at Madison Square Garden listening to it again!
     "Thunder Road"- the lyrics can stand alone as poetry. They address the dilemma of what people can do when their options dwindle and they hesitate at taking the "one last chance to make it good somehow".  We all have been there, and not only when we are ten years or so out of high school.
    Enjoy!
     http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=


No comments:

Post a Comment

Stop the Presses! Sadly....

        A sad week in our household. For the first time in over forty years, my wife and I do not have a newspaper to hold in our hands. She...