Saturday, April 16, 2016

Prompt for Poets


Recently the Poets Google+ Community invited me to be a Moderator. I gladly accepted the honor, and I am humbled by Martha Magenta's Pick of the Day.for the following as yet untitled poem. I will give a link to Skylark Hatee's prompt with picture.

https://plus.google.com/communities/115643641182595311608/stream/72be7bb2-e8af-4722-bc1e-627ce6ddac2d

Iron bars do not a prison make,
Lovelace, you were correct!
Nor can these gates restrain me
from the world displayed beyond them.
Bars can bend, locks can fail,
rust can cause even
the strongest gates to crumble,
obstacles will be overcome.
Destiny shall no longer tantalize.
Lift up your heads, o gates,
bend to my will,
allow me to pass through!

Arthur Turfa, © 2016

Anyone can read the site without having to contribute. But try anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Epiphanies" from Alien Buddha Press- Available on Amazon- Read a story here

https://alienbuddhapress.wordpress.com/author/alienbuddhapress/       I am so thrilled about this short story collection,, my first one. Ali...