Monday, April 4, 2016

A Song Stuck in My Head and Linkredirector


    Recently my wife and I have taken to watching When Calls the Heart  on Netflix.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/When_Calls_the_Heart_(TV_series)
 
     Set in western Canada, I started to think about Ian Tyson and a song of his started running through my mind. I might have the vinyl, but I haven't checked. I tended to buy albums from the same artist(s), and so I have several Ian & Sylvia's in my collection.

     A few moments into an Internet search reminded me that the song, Stories He'd Tell  from "Full Circle", released in 1968. I cannot find the lyrics separately, but Tyson's poetic gifts are clearly evident, first the song, and then a recent article about Tyson, one of Canada's national treasures. He is an authentic cowboy, poet, songwriter, and huitarist. I remember seecing his 30-minute TV show in syndication when I was at Penn State. One episode featured the late Jim Ed Brown, whom we saw at the Grand Ole Opry a few years ago.

ttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x74r3Lx28EM


http://nodepression.com/article/ian-tyson-remembers-mark-knopfler-fondly-dylan-not-so-much





Linkredirector connects one quickly to amazon to a book link. In  my case, it is of course my Places and Times.No muss, no fuss.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Epiphanies" from Alien Buddha Press- Available on Amazon- Read a story here

https://alienbuddhapress.wordpress.com/author/alienbuddhapress/       I am so thrilled about this short story collection,, my first one. Ali...