Monday, February 8, 2016

Two years ago I became president.....

......of the South Carolina Foreign Language Teachers' Association. Most of you probably thought I was hallucinating. If I ran for President of the USA, my family promised to campaign against me.  Perhaps I could persuade a few cousins to support me, thought.

     Three years ago (when this picture was taken), I became President-Elect about two minutes after being nominated from the floor. There were no other candidates; in retrospect, maybe someone is out there wondering if he or she should have run also. About an hour later, two Mandarin teachers who were in the States for a short period, and whose names I sadly forget, asked to pose with me. I thought this might lead to a trip to China to share my knowledge of pedagogy with them and to learn from them.  That did not happen.

    Over these past three years I made many new friends and helped the organization. During this time Places and Times was published, which proves that things happen simultaneously, not necessarily in succession.

   

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10203108156806430&set=a.3964603195127.171614.1281784341&type=3&theater&notif_t=like

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Epiphanies" from Alien Buddha Press- Available on Amazon- Read a story here

https://alienbuddhapress.wordpress.com/author/alienbuddhapress/       I am so thrilled about this short story collection,, my first one. Ali...